Thank you for your interest in being a part of Festival in the Park as we celebrate 47 years of success in the community.
Please review the job descriptions below, and click above to complete the background check information and the volunteer or recycling application as well as the waiver. If you have a specific interest or can offer a services not listed below, please email the volunteer coordinator with your request and we will try to accommodate it.
Once your application has been accepted you will receive a confirmation email. During the second week of September you will receive email correspondence regarding parking, area to report, etc.
Thank you again for joining us!
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTIONS
- Artist Relations and Information Booth: Artist Relations duties may include answering telephones, taking work-orders, artist/exhibitor booth sitting and other general artist related incidences. Information Booth duties may include handling sales of Festival T-shirts and posters, and other Festival merchandise; answering questions regarding the Festival (all information will be provided in notebook form).
- Festival Greeters: Distribution of Festival flyers at park entrances and taking surveys of Festival goers.
- Festival Office: Assist Festival Headquarters personnel during the Festival with answering the telephone, running errands, maintaining the Hospitality Area.
- Festival Setup: Assist with Festival setup prior to the event. Duties may include: office and stations setups; signage and decoration placement; exhibitor/vendor check-in; running errands and other miscellaneous assistance.
- First Aid Station: assistance/backup support for First Aid Station Medics.
- Volunteer Station: Duties may include checking volunteers in and out and running errands as needed.
PARKING, DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP:
- Volunteer Drop-Off and Pick-Up - corner of Lilac and Cumberland. Coordinate pick-up time - traffic is extremely heavy in this area and parking is unavailable.
- Volunteer Parking:
- East Boulevard Parking Lot (all hours when space available) – No Shuttle service required.
- We strongly encourage people to use the Cats shuttle/Light Rail transit systems. When taking the shuttle, please bring your Volunteer parking pass that will be emailed out as this will be your transportation ticket (both ways) for the shuttle. The shuttle charge without this pass will be $2.00 either direction.
- Do not block fire hydrants or driveways.
- Do not park in a “NO PARKING” zone - car will be towed at your expense.
- Click here for directions and map.
LIGHT RAIL SHUTTLE TO THE FESTIVAL -
Running from the East/West light rail stop on Camden at West Blvd.
Shuttle will be running during Festival hours, every ½ hour.
WHAT TO WEAR - Jeans or shorts, T-shirt. It can be quite
warm during the daylight hours, and we suggest bringing a light jacket for
the evening hours. Bring a rain jacket if it looks like it may rain! Wearing
sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat is also a good idea.
IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER - If the weather appears to be
inclement, please call the Festival Headquarters listed below to check on
conditions at the Festival.
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBER 704-338-1060 (Festival Headquarters)
- If someone needs to reach you for an emergency situation or if you will
not be able to work the shift for which you have signed up, please call this
SNACKS AND BEVERAGES - Festival Headquarters has a supply
of free snacks and beverages for all volunteers. You may also purchase food
from the many food vendors.